Welcome To The LiveLarge Magazine Comment and Discussion Board

Each month, we post the featured articles from LiveLarge Magazine, to create a forum for our subscribers to discuss and comment on our content. We have created this board so that our subscribers can work together to achieve our goals and pursuit of success. If you have not yet subscribed, please click here. Until further notice, we are offering a year subscription at no charge.

14 June 2010

Getting Rich, And Quicker Than Ever

I’m so excited! Yesterday, I received an email from a barrister (that means lawyer, thanks Wikipedia!) from Nigeria. His client is a lady (that means scammer) whose recently deceased husband bequeathed her $50,000,000USD. But, they have a problem and they desperately need my help! Seems that she needs to transfer her funds, all $50,000,000, to a bank account here in the States, but can’t make it happen without the assistance of a citizen of the USA. I gotta’ say, citizenship sure does pay!

So, all I need to do is locate a suitable bank, open up an account for them, and then, “to open up the wire transfer communication,” bank wire a measly $1,000 to them, and then, once the all the necessary paperwork and transfers are complete, for my benevolent assistance, they will pay me a fee of 10%. Folks, that’s $5,000,000. I’m so glad that I check my email every day. Yep, this may be the last article I ever write for Live Large Magazine, ‘cuz I will be living large thanks to my new Nigerian business partners! I do write for the thrill of writing, but c’mon, five million bones? I’m outta’ here!
Most of us can easily see through the ridiculous scams that flood the Internet and our Spam boxes. Unfortunately, those of us who are unnaturally ambitious and driven can still be seduced by the promises of the latest cutting edge business opportunity. We know we must keep our eyes and ears open for the next great opportunity. What saddens and angers me is when the desperate spend what little they have left in hopes of that last ditch effort to save the ship, only to find that they have been taken.

I will never forget a young man, barely 18 years of age who worked a local drive through window at a fast food joint close to my office. (We do not endorse consuming fast food. Living Large and successful includes conditioning our bodies to the highest possible level of health. Fast food results in the wrong type of living large. Been there, done that, and won’t repeat it.)

He always seemed to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders. So I befriended him and quickly learned that, at 18, he had a wife, a child, and dropped out of high school to support his very young family.

One day, I stopped in for lunch and noticed, for the first time, the kid was actually smiling. He explained that he had picked up a new job to become a secret shopper. He explained that they were taking care of him and had already sent him the funds to use when he performed his secret shopping. The next time I saw him, he looked worse than ever. Apparently, the “company” sent him a $1400.00 check to cash. He was told to keep $400 and wire the remaining $1000 back to them, which he did.

The check was worthless and was returned by the bank, so he became responsible for repaying the entire amount within 30 days, or face prosecution. That was the last time I ever saw him. Scams hurt.

Starting next month, we will begin investigating the many money making opportunities that can be found on the Internet and on broadcast Infomercials, and we need your help. If you have ever purchased a business opportunity, either online, or especially via a televised infomercial, we desperately want to know your opinion of what you received. Simply email us your story and contact information so that we may follow up with you and ask any additional questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment